Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Wonderful Tags!!

BRAVO!!! We have the tags back and our tag swap was completed today. The theme was "An Inspirational Quote" and they were made by some very crafty individuals that I have the pleasure to work with. They are all so different and interesting. I've uploaded a few of my tags.
I am so happy the way these turned out because I actually broke out of my comfort zone to do these and used paint and some other techniques that I've never used before. Here are the steps for my tags:



1. painted tag
2. applied flat layer of white tissue paper
3. squished more tissue paper up into a ball
4. flattened it out a little and glued it onto the tag
5. collaged some vintage sheet music, telephone book pages, and other paper ephemera onto tag
6. dry brush painted 3 different colors here and there
7. applied gold glitter paint (love this stuff!)
8. stamped swirls here and there
9. pasted photo and quote
10. embossed here and there with irridescent powder
11. applied some bling bling and other embellishments
12. sprayed with sealant
13. added ribbon

The only thing I wasn't crazy about is there are ripples under my pictures. I printed them on old typing paper and used glue to put them down. They looked fine when I did them, but they rippled overnight as they dried. If any of you know how I can avoid this, please let me know.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...