Thursday, May 1, 2008

Childhood Toys

Jessi over at http://www.scrappyjessi.blogspot.com/ is hosting a "Childhood Toys" party. My favorite toys from when I was a child are varied because my parents decided to live like "Little House on the Prairie" (not kidding...see picture below)!! We're talking no heat/air, running water, etc. We used a wood burning stove and an outhouse and it was freezin-A cold too!! So anyway, a lot of my toys were things I found in nature. Like there was this huge tree and that was my playhouse and I would make stew with pine needles and pinon nuts and whatever else I could scrounge up! That was fun. I did a lot of exploring in the mountains...that was truly a 'magical' time for me.


I was wearing my Hollie Hobbie outfit...OMG...so embarrassing!! The other picture is of me in my dad's boots with Snoopy, my grandparents weiner dog....loved him!
Then I got this doll for Christmas one year and it had pre-packaged food that you mixed with water and real diapers and everything! I think I mostly ate the powder for the food though so my poor baby doll starved! Also had Mrs. Beasley. Like this doll...BUT - when I started going to school I got teased so much about this doll because my last name was almost exactly the same as hers so I got called that alot! But hey...there might be some resemblence in say 50 years or so!!

Then there was....BARBIE! I think I played with Barbie's for years and years. I had the 3 story townhouse WITH the elevator! I loved to change the outfits over and over. Me and my best friend, Rachelle, LOVED playing barbies. We would take them everywhere we went. That was so awesome....I wish I could still play Barbies ;-(


Then when I started watching TV (when I visited the big city)...I liked Wonder Woman and Charlie's Angel's. I used to pretend a lot when I was a kid...my imagination ran wild. I probably pretended like I was someone else more than I actually played with toys!

Later...discovered Merlin. This toy was awesome...what happened to it?!!! I also liked the Feely Meely game...did anyone else play that game?!
Also, can't forget the Green Machine. OMG - this thing was soooo much fun!! I would go tearin' a*# down this long hill (paved) and get towards the end and then do some serious donuts that scares the crap out of you, but is so much fun you can't stop giggling!! Hmmm...I need one of these now ;-)

Thanks Jessi-girl for hosting this fun blog toy party! It brings back wonderful memories and it's been so much fun seeing what others played with and treasured when they were little kids (on the outside...I'm still a little kid on the inside ;-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonder women.. and hollie hobbie those were two great role models.. you were cute in those cow boy boots

Jessi Nagy said...

so so cute!!
you in those cowboy boots. priceless!!
your toys bring back memories for me too.
thanks you for coming to my party!!
oxoox,
jessi

Jennifer said...

i loved wonder woman and bionic woman. do remember her? wasn't this sucha fun idea?

jenny

Alisa Noble said...

Oh I had that baby with the food you mixed with water! I remember opening up that package on Christmas morning! I loved her so much! Thanks for sharing.
Alisa

Julie L. Light said...

Your family was the original "Wilderness Family" (I loved those movies as a child)! We had a lot of the same toys, I enjoyed your photos.

Have a fabulous day!
Julie

Heather said...

OMG, that could be my childhood with the toys, I think I had all those and I loved Holly Hobbie because her best friend was Heather Hobby, not how you lived,, but that is pretty cool you got a chance to live with just the necessities for a while, I bet you have a ton of stories, I would love to hear about them sometime.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...