Monday, January 7, 2008

Little Package of Joy!!

After being sick all weekend and just surfacing this afternoon...guess what was in my mailbox?!! A wonderful little envelope of joy from Susan Sager Brown. We swapped ATC's...I sent her my "Crushed" ATC and she sent me her "Copper Wings". It is so beautiful in person...very shimmery and the butterfly is gorgeous! But...that's not all...she also sent me some cool picks from Artchixstudio.com, stamps and most special is a vintage Texas postage stamp from 1945. Very nice...thanks so much Susan...xxxooo. Check out her blog: www.broknheartart.blogspot.com
I did manage to make my friend Wendy a small monogram sign. It's very sparkly...hope she likes it :-) I also made a bouquet of flowers that had the wonderful poem about Gardening God's Way included in it for a friend's birthday a while back. Here's the poem:


Gardening God's Way
author unknown

Plant three rows of peas: Peace of mind Peace of heart Peace of soul

Plant four rows of squash: Squash gossip Squash indifference Squash grumbling Squash selfishness

Plant four rows of lettuce: Lettuce be faithful Lettuce be kind Lettuce be obedient Lettuce really love one another

No garden should be without turnips: Turnip for meetings Turnip for service Turnip to help one another

Water freely with patience and Cultivate with love. There is abundence in your garden.... Because you reap what you sow.

To conclude our garden, We must have thyme: Thyme for God Thyme for study Thyme for prayer. Pretty nice garden! And here is the bouquet:

It is very simple to make. I hot-glued seed packets (they are now in stores!) to wooden bamboo skewers, also hot glue paper and fabric glowers to skewers and put them all in a pretty container filled with navy beans or colored rocks. Try it and send me a pic!

1 comment:

Susan Sager Brown said...

Amy, I'm so glad you are feeling better and that you like "Copper Wings". Link looks good and I'll link to you, too! Keep in touch!
hugs,
Susan
PS Love your ATC slideshow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...